Chitchat and the occasional in-depth analysis about fiber, knitting, spinning, crochet, cooking, feminism, self-image, and a modicum of personal blathering.

Friday, February 15, 2008

Two forward, one back

Well, I'm still here in the hospital. And they're still telling me they're transferring me. At this point I'll believe it when I see it.

I have two hospital-caused infections. Neither represent a significant threat to my own health or that of visitors with normal immune systems. I had to laugh at the irony of today's "word of the day" being "Nosocomial". (nosocomial means hospital-caused, as in infections or illnesses)

Yesterday they took the external fixator off of my leg. That was my sixth trip to the OR. I now have a big black boot on my leg that gives me a false sense of security because I still can't put any weight on it, and now the pin sites hurt like a mad bastard.

I'm so freaking tired of this.

I'm still working on the pomatomus socks, one is finished and the other is 1/3 of the way down the calf. That's about it for knitting. I blame the meds. It's hard to concentrate on knitting when you're in this much pain or groggy from the oxycodone. I've learned to do sudoku, though, so it's not all a wash.

More later. Too tired now.

No comments: