Chitchat and the occasional in-depth analysis about fiber, knitting, spinning, crochet, cooking, feminism, self-image, and a modicum of personal blathering.

Monday, September 21, 2009

Well I wonder wonder who wrote the book?

I've been an industrious little knitter lately.

Two hats.

P9215741

P9215740

P9215739

P9215738

One pair of Mary Janes (that still need finishing)
P9215729

A third hat and a second pair of MJs cast on as well. I'm determined not to get bogged down in seasonal knits this year.

I am not sure I posted a photo of the border leicester I spun a couple of weeks ago, but I dragged it outside to take some snaps of it. I may have photographed it on the wheel but not in the skein.
P9215736

It's really lovely, I think. It's got slubby bits, as the bats had a few neps and short cuts, it's loosely plied, and I think it'll make a lovely lace shawl or stole at some point.
P9215737

Took a couple of architectural pictures at the East End Food Co-Op's art market that came out in an interesting way.

P9205720

P9205719

My daughter was there doing a raku demonstration. It was awesome.

P9205711

P9205705

I painted the glaze on a piece of ceramic and they fired it and did the raku thing with the shredded paper. It was cool. It's a pretty little pot-I'll probably take it to work to keep pens in or something. Bob took this of me painting it.

P9205691

It really didn't come out like I expected but it's pretty anyway.

We went to a wedding on Saturday, good friends of ours from Mensa, and the groom was Bob's best man when we got married. It was a nice day and a beautiful ceremony.

P9195611

They're so cute!

This week will be strange at work as we are not going to be there from Wednesday through Friday due to the G20 thing. Our office is a block from the Convention Center and that whole area will be closed off. We're being sent offsite for "training", so I will hopefully get a lot more knitting done. I think they just don't want to pay us to stay home because I doubt we'll do much actual learning. You've got to love working for the gub'mint.

There hasn't been a whole lot else, other than I foolishly stepped up and volunteered to be the chairperson for the Western PA Mensa Regional Gathering again. Nobody else was going to come forward, or worse, someone incompetent and/or malicious would have. So I did. It's going to be a challenge but I think it'll be good. We've already got the hotel contract, that's the biggest stress after getting enough room nights booked so I figured what the heck. We'll see how it goes.

I'll close with some random photos I took at the wedding-they had a gorgeous site called Robin Hill Park with an old Georgian mansion and gardens and etc. Until I blog again!

P9195579

P9195615

(I know this one is a huge mistake but I actually ended up liking the rainbow effect of the glare.)
P9195573

P9195653

P9195674

And this one is my favorite.

P9195623

No comments: