Chitchat and the occasional in-depth analysis about fiber, knitting, spinning, crochet, cooking, feminism, self-image, and a modicum of personal blathering.

There was an error in this gadget

Monday, October 18, 2010

Work in progress


PA188749
Originally uploaded by mensabuttercup
Working on this simple lace shawl in handspun yarn. It's a two ply heavy laceweight handspun. The roving was a gorgeous graduated braid running from yellow into purple and I managed to split it in half lengthwise to preserve the color change during spinning. I wanted a simple lace project for it, so I'm doing a crescent-shaped feather and fan shawl that, although I'm a little behind on holiday knitting, is probably going to be mine.

There's nothing wrong with being a little selfish now and then. And I have a couple of months to go. Right?

No comments: