Chitchat and the occasional in-depth analysis about fiber, knitting, spinning, crochet, cooking, feminism, self-image, and a modicum of personal blathering.

Saturday, November 13, 2010

A week's work


PB138827
Originally uploaded by mensabuttercup
1282 yards of sportweight three ply and 189 yards of laceweight two ply. This is the Bluefaced Leicester wool I dyed a few weeks ago. I've been shirking my holiday knitting and spinning it up in the evenings. It took me about a week, and for a pound of fine yarn, that's not too bad. I have enough to make myself a sweater or tee. And it's soft and beautiful. I could not be more pleased with it!

3 comments:

sleepsong said...

That's absolutely spectacular!

I need you to teach me to spin like that.

MadCarlotta said...

I bow to you, madam!

p.s. my captcha word is "hiney"

Unknown said...

@Alisa, it's just practice. @Carlotta, HA.