Chitchat and the occasional in-depth analysis about fiber, knitting, spinning, crochet, cooking, feminism, self-image, and a modicum of personal blathering.

Monday, January 13, 2014

Time isn't always on my side.

As I write this, I'm sitting in the waiting room of my car dealer's service center. I made an appointment a couple of weeks ago to get my "auto butler" service done and get an estimate on getting my door seals replaced. 

Normally I would have dropped the car off and made arrangements to have a ride so I would not have to wait. I didn't do that this time because I was told I would get a loaner car from the dealership. 

I bought my car last year, used, from an outfit that prides itself on customer service or so they say. I have a lot of things I need to do today, including prepare a dinner for six. I was told I in fact cannot get a loaner because they don't do that for auto butler. Despite explaining this is what I was told. Despite having about a million things to do today. Had I known this, I would have made other arrangements, but silly me, believing what I was told. 

So here I sit, in the waiting room of #1 Cochran Automotive, crap TV blaring in my ear, caffeine deprived, enraged, feeling frustrated and devalued. I can't cook from here. Their wifi sucks and blocks half the things I could accomplish while waiting. And while all of this sounds somewhat spoiled and whiny, this is part of what I paid for when I bought this car. It comes down to my time not being considered valuable. It comes down to honoring what I was told when I made the appointment. And I am very dissatisfied with it. 

No comments: