Chitchat and the occasional in-depth analysis about fiber, knitting, spinning, crochet, cooking, feminism, self-image, and a modicum of personal blathering.

Monday, July 20, 2009

This little piggy had roast beef

So I have been a bad blogger. I have things I want to post on but no motivation to do it. Why this is, I have no idea. It seems like I'm so tired all the time. And what time I have, I want to spend doing, not writing about.

One of the issues is I've been having quite a bit of computer trouble. I have been getting numerous Blue Screen of Death errors and it keeps telling me to update my drivers, but I'm not finding any new drivers for anything when I search for updates. It's getting increasingly frustrating as the errors are happening more and more lately and usually at the most inopportune times.

This past weekend we went to Hog Heaven Rescue Farm for their open house. I took a million photos, the remains of which are found in this slideshow.

That grey pig at the beginning was the friendliest thing. And they do such good work doing rescue of hooved animals. A great cause if you have a few extra bucks.
This is my favorite photo from the day.
P7184910

Although this one comes close.
P7184928

I've been doing a lot of spinning and knitting. I'm still doing the Cookie A knitalong on Ravelry, and this month's socks are Rick and Hedera. I've done Hedera before, it's pretty mindless so that's my traveling sock pattern. Rick is a little more thinky, especially in the foot, so that's the home sock.
Rick one is complete.
P7194980
I don't have a decent progress photo of Hedera, maybe next week.
I also cast on for (and am now halfway done with) a handspun baby sweater for a co-worker's baby. I have no concept of baby size so I'm really hoping this is going to be a 12-18 month size.
P7204991
The pattern is so easy. It's called the Telemark Baby Sweater and is free on Ravelry. Highly recommended. The thing it did for me is to totally obliterate my fear (unjustified fear that it was) of top-down raglan sweaters. I "got it" in a big way by doing this sweater. So freaking easy. I can't wait to make a top down raglan for ME now. Maybe I'll even finish it, unlike most of the bigger projects I start and never finish. I have a feeling poor Bob's sweater is going to end up turning into a top-down raglan, too.

I'm spinning for the Tour de Fleece. The idea is to give yourself a spinning challenge and spin each day of the Tour de France bike race. I've been spinning the handpainted alpaca I got back in Waynesburg on a spindle, and enjoying it for the most part even though it is testing my patience.

P7194975

I am only committed to spindling the singles-the plying will be done on the wheel.

I have another post coming shortly about a problematic series of ads for a local marriage counseling outfit. I have to put some thought and effort into that one, though. And I'm hoping they'll respond to my email though I'm starting to lose hope on that after 2 weeks.

Until then.

1 comment:

Loredena said...

My BSDs turned out to be due to a bad memory chip; I downloaded MemTest and made a bootable CD with it,and used that.