Chitchat and the occasional in-depth analysis about fiber, knitting, spinning, crochet, cooking, feminism, self-image, and a modicum of personal blathering.

Thursday, July 02, 2009

vacation, all I ever wanted

We'll be in town at the Mensa annual gathering this weekend. We've spent the past two days there but we're checking in to the hotel today. Should be interesting-the hotel is ridiculously grand and beautiful-it's the Omni William Penn in downtown Pittsburgh. I will have lots of pictures.

Since I have to pack, this will be quick. I finished the Sunshine socks...
P6254547

Finished (and presented) the entrelac socks...
P6254549

And started a new pair of the Cookie A socks, "Rick" from Sock Innovation. No pictures yet. I have the other half of the third pair of Kai Meis in my bag as well, along with that lovely handpainted alpaca fiber and my drop spindle so I have lots to do while manning the "action desk".

I love telling people about the wonderful things to see and do in Pittsburgh, even if we ARE having the coldest weather we've had since March.

P7200032

No comments: