Chitchat and the occasional in-depth analysis about fiber, knitting, spinning, crochet, cooking, feminism, self-image, and a modicum of personal blathering.

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

So what else is new?



Nothing much.

I'm spinning fiber, a good ten ounces, for a Tuscan Sunflower shawl. The fiber I am using is from Corgi Hill, the beautiful BFL/Silk blend in a gradient colorway, Frangipani.



I'm working on a sweater, this one in commercial yarn. The pattern is called Warriston and the way the weather is going, I will not be able to wear it until next winter. It's coming along well though.


I've also got a portable sock project going, of course.

The pattern is great and looks so much more complicated than it actually is. And the yarn is gorgeous, it's from Skein, based in Australia, but sold by the Loopy Ewe here in the US. A cashmere merino nylon blend, so amazingly soft.

Not a lot more to report. I'm having trouble with extreme nerve pain and numbness in my fingers and feet which makes it hard to type, among other things. I'll be having a nerve conductivity test for that soon. Spring is springing out all over and it's all I can do to go to work instead of staying home languishing in the yard and pulling up the old dead growth from last year and preparing for new. I have to keep reminding myself that Pittsburgh is known for St Patrick's Day snowstorms and to just be patient-it will be here soon enough.

No comments: