Chitchat and the occasional in-depth analysis about fiber, knitting, spinning, crochet, cooking, feminism, self-image, and a modicum of personal blathering.

Monday, December 24, 2012

Eve of Destruction

Finally Christmas eve is here. I've come to terms with the fact that I'm not going to finish Bob's socks. He will get them for his birthday. Everything else is wrapped and divided and ready to distribute. I've even started feeling despondent to get that out of the way.

Untitled

I did some more weaving projects.

This scarf was made from a warp of handspun sparkly green stuff and a weft of some neat Noro ribbon yarn.

Untitled

Two more sets of tea towels.
Untitled

Untitled

And a scarf for a former supervisor. (knitted, not woven)


Untitled

So that pretty much wraps up my holiday gifting. I also took better pictures of the rainbowy scarf.

Untitled
Untitled

All in all I think things are ok.

Oh, I also got myself a present. Just a little one.
Untitled

2006 Cadillac DTS. It's a grampa car. I needed a car I could drive, and this is a good, reliable, safe car. I hate having car payments again but what are you going to do.

Hope everyone who reads this has a great day tomorrow, whether you celebrate it or not. I plan to relax and enjoy as much as possible.

1 comment:

Bushfire said...

I love your tea towels! (Of course everything else you've knitted is beautiful too!)