This project was started a total of six times. The yarn is one ply of handspun superwash merino and one ply of mercerized cotton crochet thread.
It's a stole for my ex-supervisor who is retiring this week.
She's a little tiny woman who loves to garden and has rescued salukis.
I had to rip it out twice because I made mistakes, twice because I didn't make mistakes but the pattern just wasn't right, and once because it was too wide and wasn't going to be long enough.
So I took out two pattern repeats and did it on larger needles. It's something I can just imagine her throwing over her shoulders before she goes out onto the porch to have her morning coffee when it's chilly. I hope she likes it.