Chitchat and the occasional in-depth analysis about fiber, knitting, spinning, crochet, cooking, feminism, self-image, and a modicum of personal blathering.

Saturday, October 13, 2007

Keep on keepin' on like a bird that flew...

Bob and I made the last minute decision to go see Bob Dylan and Elvis Costello last night. Last time we saw Elvis, it was at a very poor venue, basically a tent by some train tracks with the grandiose name of the Chevy Amphitheater. We feared Elvis would be mortally offended by the place, especially considering all the great concert venues that Pittsburgh has to offer now. Initially we seemed to have guessed correctly as Elvis Costello was not listed on the bill for Dylan's Pittsburgh show, but just two days before the show, there he was, on Ticketmaster, big as life. After a few frantic e-mails back and forth on Tuesday, we took the leap and got tickets. Quoth my husband, ten years ago, it would have been a no-brainer, but adulthood sucks sometimes. I had to laugh, as I knew that Elvis Costello would always be a no-brainer for him. If he hadn't bought the tickets, I would have.

At any rate, we got half-decent seats at a reasonable price, arranged things so the dogs would get out and we'd still make the show, and we were off. The Post-Gazette did a very nice review, so I won't go into great detail other than to say I agree. Elvis was by far my favorite part of the show; he was incredible. Dylan was mostly incomprehensible but that's to be expected. I was a combination of amused and confused by his lyrical stylings, but as I said to a young concert-goer, at his age, he's earned the right to buzz and mumble.

So, my life is now complete, now that I've heard the Man sing the words that all song lyrics must stand beside to be measured....
"And later on as the crowd thinned out
I was just about to do the same"
Also, I hope I can still get down like that when I'm 66 years old.

Tomorrow, the opera. It's the season opener and we have to dress up. My mom gave us her tickets because she can't make it, and as she said "It's only Butterfly, I've seen it 20 times." Oh, la tee tah. She cracks me up. So we have dinner reservations and Bob's getting his hair cut and wearing his suit, and I got new shoes and I MIGHT go to Ulta up at the mall and check out some of that Pure Minerals makeup stuff while he's being buzzed. MIGHT. We'll see.

So today my hand cards came in the mail, and that was pretty much it for me for the rest of the day. I did manage to go grocery shopping, but other than that I've been carding and spinning. I am waiting to card the alpaca until I get a tad more comfy with the process. In the meantime, I've got some Cotswold locks and some mixed loose fiber to play with. I'm getting the hang of it pretty well so far.

I should have pictures up soon. Sunday or Monday. I'm also formulating a plan for making some extra money via the camera. More on that later, when it's more comprehensible.

No comments: