Chitchat and the occasional in-depth analysis about fiber, knitting, spinning, crochet, cooking, feminism, self-image, and a modicum of personal blathering.

Monday, January 07, 2008

No longer ridin' on this merry-go-round

Very fast update.

The living room and hall are painted,with a lovely accent wall. The main color is a very very pale orangey cream, best seen in this photo.
finial and photos

the accent wall is green. I don't have a photo of that yet.

The new window treatment hardware is up, and hung with improvised curtains.
curtain rod and finials

Those are actually the old curtains with the tops cut off and hung through the hems until we can get new ones. Better than nothing, our house IS back from the road, but not that far back.

The curtain rods have these awesome finials on them.
finial

And Biscuit approves.

biscuit on piano

It's been a long day. Tomorrow I have stuff to do that prevents me from going to work. So I'll try to do a better update after I'm done with all that.

chilled fig
Figment hopes you'll understand.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just bought a bunch of bedding and curtains from http://www.brylanehome.com last night. I've purchased stuff from them before, their stuff is pretty good and reasonably priced.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the tip, Julianne. I'll be sure to check them out.