Chitchat and the occasional in-depth analysis about fiber, knitting, spinning, crochet, cooking, feminism, self-image, and a modicum of personal blathering.

Friday, April 11, 2008

It's raining violets

Lovely spring rain falls outside. It's warm and breezy. It smells good. Like springtime.

I'm so grateful that I got home in time to see my daffodils bloom. I didn't think that would happen, frankly. Yesterday morning when I looked out my back window, one was looking back at me. There's a scattering of the teensy ones blooming in the driveway as well, and some more in the back just opening.

My tiny blue flowers are opening on the side of the house where the hostas are. And there are crocuses in the bed at the top of the driveway. Spring everywhere, and the forsythia twigs I planted last year are the brighest yellow I've ever seen.

I've got so much to write about, but it's still quite uncomfortable to sit in one position for long and I can't find a good way to sit at my desk yet. My leg is skewed off to the side when I sit here, and is painful and stiff after less than a half-hour or so.

I'm working hard on bending my knee. If my knee doesn't bend, I can't drive my car. My leg gets stronger every day, though.

Of course I'm knitting like a fool. I'm making the Luna Moth Shawl from the yarn that was previously the Lovlund sweater. Yes, I frogged that. I didn't like the way that the colors were not going to match up front to back. I think the shawl is a much better option.

P4091874

P4091878

P4091876

I'm also doing Hedera (from Knitty) socks for myself out of this lovely Trekking Handart yarn. I cast on the second one last night so the photos are out of date.
P4061870

P4061868

All in all things could be far worse. Although boredom is starting to get the better of me, I'm not up to spinning on the wheel yet (logistical difficulties) and the cats think the spindle is a toy JUST FOR THEM. Of course, Figment tends to take possession of whatever strikes him at the time...

P4071871

I will try to do a real post over the weekend. I HAVE to post about the Cake Nazi at the hospital, and about Tuesdays, and about my wonderful PT/OT folks at Forbes Road. But we'll be rooting for the Penguins tonight for sure and there may be an actual dinner out of the house in the offing at some point. Woo! I'm not making any promises, is all.

As a terrific clown I know has said, "be safe out there, and keep your stick on the ice". GO PENS!

No comments: