The Luna Moth Shawl is done!
I finished it off last night and it's currently pinned out and drying. I did not block it "hard" at all, just pulled the points out and made the top straight. It's Gorgeous. Here's some pictures.
The colors are great. The details look okay to me, one advantage is it's so damn big that any flaws are hard to find unless you're looking for them.
I think this one is my favorite detail shot.
I started this project in April when I came home from the Nursing home. I didn't knit much on it the last month or so, the weather's been too warm. The yarn is Jojoland Rhythm, non-superwash. The pattern can be found here.
Here's the pre-blocking look...
Ignore the dirty kitchen.
And the poor thing soaking in soapy water.
I'm excited about this project, it's my first attempt at non-sock lace and it's pretty good. I threw it over my shoulders last night and it was plenty big enough, which was a worry of mine. I'll definitely be wearing this out and about in the Fall.
If only there were a county fair somewhere I could enter it. :)
Chitchat and the occasional in-depth analysis about fiber, knitting, spinning, crochet, cooking, feminism, self-image, and a modicum of personal blathering.