Chitchat and the occasional in-depth analysis about fiber, knitting, spinning, crochet, cooking, feminism, self-image, and a modicum of personal blathering.

Saturday, September 22, 2007

Dim lights, not-so-big city

My husband's niece was in town yesterday for business. We had a chance to visit with her in the evening. We decided to take her to Phipps Conservatory to see the Chihuly exhibit. We were there earlier but in the daytime. It looks completely different at night.

P9210764

P9210748

P9210722

I took a LOT of photos. Many of them are on my flickr page, linked in the sidebar over there. Feel free to peruse, choose the "Chihuly at Night" set.

This one I wanted to feature though, because it demonstrates my camera's interesting features pretty well.

P9210731

This is using the "Landscape" setting. Regular flash, lights up everything.

This one used the "Night shot" setting, using all available light. VERY hard to hold the camera still but I'm getting used to it again.
P9210732

It's essentially the same shot, but different camera settings.

I need to read the manual more, because I had a seriously hard time getting the camera to do what I really wanted it to do.

It did have its moments, though.

P9210714

P9210778

After that, we went to Station square for dinner (we went to Houlihan's) and then we rode the incline up to Mt. Washington where I completely failed to take any photos that turned out.

P9210790

It was nice to see Bob's niece, poor guy never gets to see his family. We had a good time, I only wish it could have lasted longer, I'd have liked to show her the zoo and the aviary and some of the surrounding countryside. She's from Nashville, so it's a little different here.

No comments: