Chitchat and the occasional in-depth analysis about fiber, knitting, spinning, crochet, cooking, feminism, self-image, and a modicum of personal blathering.

Monday, September 17, 2007

I'm much to fast to take that test...

No emotional braindump yet. No, it needs to wait. My best friend is in a hospice. She has brain cancer. There's nothing that can be done for her, and each time I see her, she's a little less there, a little less herself. But more on that another time.

I have knitting pictures.

Socks. I'm making myself another pair of quill lace socks because the other ones that I made did not come out a way that I liked. They had too many errors. This yarn (that I spun) is 100% merino from fiber from Sakina Needles, a very nice fiber vendor. Her prices are reasonable and she has great color sense. These are just variegated green.

P9170619

P9170616

My spinning is getting better.

P9170612

P9170615

Finally picked up the pinwheel sweater again. Now I'm past the halfway point on one sleeve. I'm going to do a crocheted edging, but am going to finish the sleeves first to determine if I need to spin more for it or not.

P9170622

I hope I don't have to spin any more for it, because frankly I don't know if I can spin that big or lumpy any more. It'll take a lot of effort to match the grist of the existing yarn. Of course, nobody but me would likely notice the difference, but still...

I did a mitered square washcloth to see if I liked the way it looked. I like it.

P9170607

Here's the back of it
P9170604

Pretty neat, I think. May be this year's all purpose holiday gift. We'll see. I think most of our gifts this year will be photos, photo art, or knits.

Started trying some Domino Knitting, from a book of the same name by Vivian Hoxbro.
P9170610
I think that looks extremely cool, but I like modular things.

Random yard pictures.
P9160589

P9160586

P9160585

P9160592

More soon. Be of good cheer.

No comments: