Chitchat and the occasional in-depth analysis about fiber, knitting, spinning, crochet, cooking, feminism, self-image, and a modicum of personal blathering.

Sunday, September 30, 2007

Fluff and nonsense

We've had an eventful weekend already and it's not even gametime!

Yesterday, we took a trip to Bloomfield, a neighborhood in Pittsburgh known as Pittsburgh's Little Italy. I took some half decent pictures that I put into a set on Flickr.

We watched men play Bocce,
P9290925

ate some good food,
P9290891

checked out the local nightlife,
P9290921

and shopped until we dropped.
P9290909

Bloomfield is one of the few city neighborhoods I'd consider living in. It's very cool, lots of young people but also lots of people who have lived there for generations.

Last week I got some raw alpaca. It spun up decently right out of the bag but was far too dirty.
llama right off the beast

So I washed it. And washed it. And washed it. It's outside drying right now, hopefully it'll be all dry before dark.


It has a spider running around in it now. Hopefully, she'll leave.
P9300929

It ought to be some nice fiber once it's all done. I'm glad I tried it, but I think from now on, I'll leave fiber processing to the pros.
P9300930

P9300933

Lots of knitting going on. I did up a baby sweater for a co-worker who is expecting any day.
front

Finished the quill lace socks...

P9230806

...and started a pair of chunky jaywalkers.
P9260864

Also started on a pair of Kaibashira socks for one of the girls, not sure which. Depends on how big they are. I'm thinking Lena.

P9300936

They don't look like much yet, but that is one clever and decorative cuff.

Not much else. My eyes are super itchy and swollen, I'm not sure if I'm allergic to the alpaca or if it's just hay fever. This too shall pass.

No comments: