Chitchat and the occasional in-depth analysis about fiber, knitting, spinning, crochet, cooking, feminism, self-image, and a modicum of personal blathering.

Monday, December 10, 2007

Gone to the dogs

Honestly, I didn't want to do an update today, but since I usually do this on Mondays, I felt obligated. So here is today's list for the Cosmic Complaints Department.

I'm going through a lot of stuff right now. Trying to do the whole "fat acceptance" and Health at Every Size thing, but I'm still in that "but not for me" phase, and I'm still struggling with a very unhealthy relationship with food. And a very unhealthy relationship with my self image.

Money is tight. I feel like a big failure there, too. I keep hoping someday it'll get better, but I'm just not seeing it lately. Good thing we decided to keep giftmas to a minimum this year.

The Steelers lost. Now the unabated Pats worship will get even worse. I hate that team.

My toes are falling asleep every night when I go to bed. I think the bed is really bothering my back, but there's nothing I can do about it. My old back troubles are rearing their ugly heads in a big way.

I'm very, very profoundly depressed right now.

But it's not all bad.

The dogs are cute.

PC031503

PC031502

My husband is awesome, supportive, and sweet.

My kids are pretty cool.

I'm within one half of one sock of being finished with the Dread Holiday Knitting. I will finish early. Mostly because I'm not doing that much but also because I kept it more sane and reasonable this year.

I do have gifts for everyone that I want to give gifts to. They might not be the greatest gifts, but they're gifts. I still need to get some photo frames.


PC031501

PC031499

The laundry's almost done. That's worth celebrating, isn't it?

And in a little over a month, I'll be able to take a couple of days off, which I need desperately.

No craft or yarn photos, this time. It's just too grey and cloudy outside and I don't want to do photos inside as my relationship with this camera does not yet include being able to take indoor flash pictures that look like anything other than ass.

Edited to add-this morning at the dentist's office, Janice Dickinson and Al Roker were on the Today show together talking about kids having body image issues. Oh, the irony.
Hang in there. If I can do it, you can do it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

a complete different lifestyle this whole health and weight thing... difficult but rewarding.
http://www.drinkironcity.com