Chitchat and the occasional in-depth analysis about fiber, knitting, spinning, crochet, cooking, feminism, self-image, and a modicum of personal blathering.

Sunday, December 07, 2008

My Shangri-La beneath the summer moon, I will return again

Not a lot to say at this point. Lots on my mind but I'm not going to put it out there because it's mine to deal with and mine to handle. Suffice to say it sucks being a parent a lot of the time.

Entering the homestretch on holiday crafting. I'm 1/4 done with my mom's socks.

PC063404

Interesting color sequence. I ran into a knot that broke it and ended up finding the spot further along in the skein and picking it up from there, because it was just too jarring going from olive to pale lavender that way. It won't matter so much if there's a jarring change on the foot but I didn't want it in the middle of the entrelac section.

PC063405

There are a lot of complaints on Ravelry about the Noro sock yarn and odd knots in the yarn that break the sequence but honestly this is the first time in the five skeins of Kureyon Sock I've rolled up that I've had it happen. No complaints from me at all. And it was easily set right.

The DNA socks are MUCH better this time. I'm almost done with the first one and it looks much better than my efforts at the pattern before. This picture is from yesterday but I actually got most of the leg done during movies last night.
PC063402
PC063403

The cable is a lot more prominent in real life than it is in the photo, you'll just have to take my word because it's too cold to go outside just to photograph crafts.

Since I'm so far along I've started scarves for my cousins as well, with no pressure to finish them. If they get done, they get done; if they don't they don't.

An old friend from the days when I actually had friends surprised me with a gift from my amazon wish list. She sent me the Led Zeppelin Mothership CDs and DVD, and we watched the DVD last night. Reminded me of all the reasons I love that group, and why I don't listen to much "classic rock" or hard rock-because they were truly as good as it got for the genre.

Big Steelers game today. I'm making a ham, sweet potatoes, and homemade bread in the bread machine. Tomorrow, I'm working. They're offering six hours of overtime and since I'm so whiny about not having money, I am going to go ahead and take it. It'll be a long week though.

My leg is the same. It hurts. The cold weather is kicking my ass. I'm terrified of walking in the snow and ice. Mostly it hurts. The horrible leg cramps continue, too, which is a joy, let me tell you.

Off to add fruit and nuts to the bread. Until next week, if not sooner.

No comments: